Cape Coral Federal Gun Crime Defense Lawyers
At Foley & Wilson Law Firm, we understand the complexities and the severe implications of facing federal gun crime charges. Led by a retired FBI Special Agent and a former federal criminal prosecutor, our law firm is uniquely positioned with a legal team that brings over 45 years of experience in the federal criminal justice system, including both prosecution and defense. We are dedicated to providing unparalleled professional representation, treating every client with the dignity and respect they deserve. Our approach is tailored to ensure that individuals facing serious allegations receive skilled and professional legal support. Contact our experienced Cape Coral federal gun crime defense lawyers today.
Understanding Federal Gun Crime Statutes
Federal gun crimes are governed by a comprehensive set of statutes, each designed to regulate the use, possession, and distribution of firearms. Key statutes include:
- The National Firearms Act (NFA): This act regulates the sale, use, and possession of certain types of firearms, including machine guns and silencers.
- The Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA): Enacted primarily to regulate interstate commerce in firearms, the GCA also imposes restrictions on certain individuals’ ability to own or trade guns.
- The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act: This law mandates background checks for individuals purchasing firearms from licensed dealers, manufacturers, or importers.
Penalties for Conviction of Federal Gun Crimes
Convictions under federal gun laws can result in severe penalties, which may include:
- Imprisonment: Federal gun crimes often carry mandatory minimum prison sentences. The length of imprisonment can vary based on the nature of the offense and the defendant’s criminal history.
- Fines: Significant monetary fines may be imposed alongside or in lieu of imprisonment.
- Criminal Record: A conviction leads to a permanent criminal record, which can impact future employment, housing, and more.
- Loss of Rights: Convicted individuals may lose certain civil rights, including the right to possess firearms.
For example, possession of a firearm by a prohibited person can lead to up to ten years in prison. If the firearm is used in the commission of a crime or is illegally modified, penalties can be even more severe.
Our Approach to Federal Gun Crime Defense in Cape Coral
At Foley & Wilson Law Firm, we employ a meticulous approach to defending clients against federal gun crime charges. Our team, with its unique background as former federal prosecutors and law enforcement agents, provides a strategic advantage in navigating the complexities of federal criminal law. We conduct thorough investigations, engage in meticulous legal research, and use persuasive argumentation to protect our clients’ rights.
Personalized defense strategies are a hallmark of our approach. We recognize that each case is unique, requiring a personalized defense strategy. Our attorneys work closely with clients to understand the specifics of their situation, crafting a defense that addresses the individual nuances of their case.
In addition, we maintain a commitment to treating clients with dignity and respect. In facing criminal allegations, the journey can be as daunting as the outcome. We ensure that you are informed and empowered throughout the legal process.
Furthermore, our team is adept at both negotiation and litigation. Whether it’s negotiating plea agreements or representing clients in court, our expertise and professionalism are evident in every aspect of our practice.
Contact Foley & Wilson Law Firm for Federal Gun Crime Defense in Cape Coral
If you or a loved one is facing federal gun crime charges in Cape Coral, seeking skilled legal representation immediately is crucial to obtaining a positive outcome. Contact Foley & Wilson Law Firm to schedule a consultation and learn how our experienced legal team can provide you with the defense you need.